Metals is a language server for Scala that works with VS Code, Atom, Vim, Sublime Text and Emacs. Metals is developed at the Scala Center along with contributors from the community.
In this milestone we merged 5 PRs, full details: https://github.com/scalameta/metals/milestone/5?closed=1.
Several "goto definition" and "find references" bugs have been fixed in this release. In particular, code navigation should work more reliably now for the following language features
- for comprehensions with multiple assignments and guards
- eta-expanded methods and functions passed as values
- val patterns like
val (a, b) = ...
- named arguments in
- repeated parameter types (varargs)
Previously, Metals created all source directories like
src/main/scala-2.12 even if they were unused. Now, Metals still creates these
directories but removes them again after the file watcher has started. Big
thanks to first-time contributor @mudsam for
implementing this fix!
Metals now looks for
.scalafmt.conf in all workspace folders instead of only
the workspace root.
metals.sbt compile errors on old sbt versions#
metals.sbt file in
~/.sbt/0.13/plugins/metals.sbt now compiles
on all versions of sbt 0.13.x even if Metals itself still only works with sbt
The Metals extension was installed over 1000 times over the past week!
The Metals extension now respects the
JAVA_OPTS environment variable the same
it does the
.jvmopts file. For example, set
-Dhttps.proxyHost=… -Dhttps.proxyPort=… to configure HTTP proxies. It's
recommended to start VS Code with the
code binary from the terminal to ensure
environment variables propagate correctly.
There's a WIP pull request
tom654/LSP#501 adding support for
fuzzy symbol search (
workspace/symbol). Please upvote with 👍 if you'd like to
use this feature!
There is a new Gitter channel rossabaker/lsp-scala for Emacs and Metals users.
lsp-scala package is now published to MELPA
- Upgrade to Bloop v1.2.5 #513 (olafurpg)
- Respect workspace folders for Scalafmt formatting, fixes #509. #512 (olafurpg)
- Fix navigation bug for var setters. #511 (olafurpg)
- Upgrade to Scalameta v4.1.3. #510 (olafurpg)
- Change behavior of FileWatcher so that it doesn't create non-existing source directories #506 (mudsam)
- Reference pluginCrossBuild via reflection to support older sbt 0.13. #505 (olafurpg)