We are excited to announce the release of Metals v0.7.6, which will most likely be the last release before the v0.8.0 one. This release includes support for new Scala versions (2.12.10, 2.13.1) and a couple of fixes. It also adds a new formatting on paste feature for multiline strings.
In this release we merged 11 PRs and closed 5 issues, full details: https://github.com/scalameta/metals/milestone/18?closed=1
Check out the website and give Metals a try: https://scalameta.org/metals/
- add support for Scala 2.12.10 and 2.13.1
- formatting on paste for multiline strings
- fixes for autofill feature
Thanks to @gabro's continuing effort we were able to add support for both new Scala versions. Those versions fix a couple of important regressions and are now available to use with Metals!
Whenever text is pasted into a multiline string with
| it will be properly
formatted by Metals:
To enable this feature you need to enable formatting on paste in your editor of choice. In Visual Studio Code it can be done via modifying a checkbox:
After releasing the experimental autofill feature we addressed feedback by:
- not filling in the default arguments
???as a first option when alternative values are available to avoid mistakes
- add subtypes as valid values
- only show autofill option when using named parameters or by explicitly typing
Let us know if you have any further feedback!
Big thanks to everybody who contributed to this release!
Merged pull requests:
- replace java streams with generators #938 (marek1840)
- ENSIME is not an alternative #936 (fommil)
- Swap field to type parameter for scala Type #933 (tgodzik)
- Refactor autofill option #932 (tgodzik)
- Make sure we continue searching for symbols in try. #930 (tgodzik)
- Disable flaky test. #918 (olafurpg)
- Fix indentation when adding pipes in multiline string. #922 (tgodzik)
- Remove dealias to properly support type #921 (tgodzik)
- Simplify testing when calculating position and automatically add pipes when copy pasting input #919 (tgodzik)
- Add Scala 2.12.10 support and use 2.12.10 on Metals #913 (gabro)
isCompiledstatus of the build target regardless of the compilation result #907 (marek1840)