We're happy to announce the release of Metals v0.9.6, which mostly concentrates on adding support for the newly released Scala 2.13.4, but also adds some improvements for already existing features.
|Commits since last release||59|
For full details: https://github.com/scalameta/metals/milestone/29?closed=1
Metals is a language server for Scala that works with VS Code, Vim, Emacs, Sublime Text, Atom and Eclipse. Metals is developed at the Scala Center and VirtusLab with the help from Lunatech along with contributors from the community.
Check out https://scalameta.org/metals/, and give Metals a try!
- Scala 2.13.4 support.
- Show implicit conversions and classes.
- Navigating stacktrace in debug console.
- New troubleshooting page.
Show implicit conversions and classes
introduced the option to display additional data inferred from the code to a
user. Starting with this release it's also possible to show implicit conversions
and classes, which can be enabled by the additional
showImplicitConversionsAndClasses setting. Moreover, Visual Studio Code
extension has 3 new commands to toggle all these new options, which enables
users to quickly peek at the additional information about their code and then
turn it back off. All these commands can be bound to a shortcut to further
improve the user experience.
Any editor that allows for quickly changing these settings will also benefit from this change, as the file's decorations are refreshed instantly upon changing any of those settings.
Previously, it was possible to navigate a stacktrace using the
Analyze stacktrace command which was added in the
release. It turns out, we can reuse the same mechanism to show file links in the
Debug Console in Visual Studio code:
This was achieved by adding additional information to the output already sent to the editor, so this additional file links should also be reused by any other DAP clients.
As an addition to these new features, we've also recently added a new troubleshooting page that should answer the most basic questions you can have. As the page is fairly new we would appreciate any help in improving it so let us know if you feel anything is missing.
- Fix continuous compilation when opening tree view in sbt BSP
- Add 0.27.0-RC1 back to supported versions
Big thanks to everybody who contributed to this release or reported an issue!
$ git shortlog -sn --no-merges v0.9.5..v0.9.6 Tomasz Godzik Scala Steward Chris Kipp Gabriele Petronella Krzysiek Bochenek dependabot[bot]
Merged pull requests:
- Refresh synthetics when user settings change #2246 (tgodzik)
- Update scalameta to 4.4.0 and add support for Scala 2.13.4 #2247 (tgodzik)
- Add source and line to debug output in case of stack traces #2243 (tgodzik)
- Fix continuous compilation when opening tree view in sbt BSP #2242 (ckipp01)
- Add option to show implicit conversions as decorations #2232 (tgodzik)
- Bump olafurpg/setup-gpg from v2 to v3 #2240 (dependabot[bot])
- Move dependabot config file to right location #2239 (gabro)
- Configure dependabot to update github-actions #2237 (gabro)
- Reorganize docs and add in FAQ. #2234 (ckipp01)
- Update scribe, scribe-slf4j to 3.0.4 #2222 (scala-steward)
- Update org.eclipse.lsp4j, ... to 0.10.0 #2230 (kpbochenek)
- Update munit-docs, sbt-munit to 0.7.17 #2231 (kpbochenek)
- Update sbt-ci-release to 1.5.4 #2221 (scala-steward)
- Update bloop-config, bloop-launcher to 1.4.5-6-4768184c #2220 (scala-steward)
- Update sbt-dotty to 0.4.6 #2219 (scala-steward)
- Update coursier to 2.0.6 #2223 (scala-steward)
- Update munit to 0.7.17 #2228 (scala-steward)
- Update mdoc-interfaces to 2.2.12 #2227 (scala-steward)
- Update mdoc, sbt-mdoc to 2.2.12 #2226 (scala-steward)
- Update flyway-core to 7.2.0 #2225 (scala-steward)
- Add 0.27.0-RC1 back to supported versions #2213 (tgodzik)
- Add additional newline to fix problems with markdown #2215 (tgodzik)
- Add additional troubleshooting section for mirrors #2211 (tgodzik)
- Add testing for DownloadDependencies #2206 (tgodzik)
- Update docs to mention
- Fix release notes to mention emacs #2205 (tgodzik)
- Fix scala3Dependency for various binary scala3/dotty versions #2203 (ckipp01)
- Update release docs #2199 (tgodzik)
- Correct typos in blog and Doctor #2202 (ckipp01)
- Add release notes for 0.9.5 #2197 (tgodzik)
- Add in blog post about sbt BSP #2193 (ckipp01)